www.myworldofwork.co.uk provides a unique mix of tools, features and up-to-the minute job information to help you find out more about yourself and the current and future job market throughout Scotland.
On the site you will find up-to-date information on jobs and courses, as well as tips on CV writing and interviews to help you explore your options and make the best decisions about your future.
My World of Work offers careers information to pupils and parents/carers when it’s needed most and especially at critical times of the school year such as when making subject choices, during exam results time or when applying to university or college.
The website is packed with practical advice and support for managing your career and getting a job. The online toolkits help every step of the way from career research to CV building:
- Use your strengths – use the My Strengths tool to learn what your strengths are and how to make the most of them. If you understand what you’re good at, making the right choices is easier
- Explore your options – check out Careers A-Z to find out all you need to know about the hundreds of different jobs out there. Have a look at Course Choices to see where different learning, training or volunteering options could take you
- Create a great CV – My CV gives you step by step help and templates to write and save up to five great CVs
- Network – learn about using your connections and contacts to explore hidden jobs. Read tips on job hunting through social media
- Perfect your interview skills – use the My Interview tool to help you prepare and understand what to expect when you go for an interview. There’s also advice on handling interview nerves and how to research an employer before the big day.
Visit myworldofwork.co.uk now and sign up for all the great features designed to help you on your way.
My World of Work is a service provided by Skills Development Scotland.