Thankyou for your interest in the iAspire Programme at Bucksburn Academy.
ADDING VALUE TO OUR LEARNERS
At Bucksburn Academy, we recognise the importance of promoting attainment as a gateway to employment and further learning opportunities. However, we also recognise that attainment alone is not enough for our learners. Employers and Institutions are looking to recruit rounded individuals with a skill-set that is broader than simply meeting academic entry requirements.
In order to better support young people as they prepare to leave school, we have set out to provide a network of vocational support and opportunity to add value to any application they may make.
Aspiring medics can opt into the Medical Mentors Programme, giving them access to:-
- Seminars and tutorials from partner GP practices.
- Input from The University of Aberdeen in interview skills and experiencing life as a medical student.
- Support from buddy medical students.
- Opportunities to shadow in various medical establishments.
Those who may wish to study Law, through the Law Ambassadors Scheme, are provided with opportunities such as:-
- Workshops and seminars from partner law firms such as Cloch Solicitors and Aberdein Considine.
- Access to ‘So You Want To Study Law’ at The University of Aberdeen.
- Visits to the Sheriff Court.
- Joining the Bucksburn Academy Debate Club.
Those aspiring to work in the field of Engineering, Teaching and Nursing can be given similar opportunities for support, advice and experience as they go through the Senior Phase at Bucksburn Academy.
A NEW WAY TO THINK ABOUT PARTNERSHIPS
At Bucksburn Academy, we think this is a better way to construct our partnerships… providing learners with opportunities to add value.
Are you a local business or institution with expertise in a particular vocational field? Could you provide opportunities for young people at Bucksburn Academy? If so, please make contact with Mr Jones at the school on 01224 710700.
Recent and forthcoming iAspire events can be seen by following this link.